Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Crazy Cookers Inc. How-to make GBH

I was the actor, Chief Coaco, and I did all the labor in making the ginger bread house. I would say that Brandon is the MVP behind the camera. I did the acting and Brandon did most of the editing. I would say the Brandon and I worked very well together and I had a pleasure working with him. First we planned out the general outline, second we filmed the scenes that were all improvisation, and third we edited and put the finishing touches. Our group really didn’t have any inspiration, we wanted to cook something and it was around the holidays. So we decided to make a ginger bread house. It was not too hard but, not easy at the same time.

Our film is a how to make a ginger bread house. I go through step-by-step of how to make one. I start with the ingredients and end with the final outcome. In the end, I though our film was successful because we completed our task by making a video that would inform people how to make a ginger bread house. One strength we had was the film as a whole looks proper and it really does look like the right steps in how to make a ginger bread house. One weakness our film had would be the lacking of more than one camera. That would of given us the upper hand with close ups and fast changes in steps. My favorite scene by far was the making to Frosty the marshmallow man. I had a ton of fun making him and he really gives our film some character. We actually didn’t even plan it. I just started shooting out ideas as we were filming and he was one of them. I wish we could have had more time for the total film time, because we had to rush the making of Frosty the marshmallow man because to the time limit. I said it once, I will say it again, by far my favorite part of the film. I would of hoped Brandon face could have been in the film because it made my part much more difficult being alone out there in the kitchen.

Types of cinematic techniques we used were high angle shot, close-ups, medium shots, back music, and eye level shots. Each one was used for a specific reason. We finished the film off with a high angle shot. It gave the views a disconnecting feeling, like we were leaving. Close-ups were used to show a lot of detail in the shot. We wanted our viewers to see up close for themselves what the ginger bread house was intended to look like. Like all how-to cooking shows, we used a medium shot most of the time. This created a shot that allowed the viewer to observe our surroundings as we were cooking. Last we used eye-level shots to help the viewers connect emotionally and let them feel like the are on the other side of the kitchen watching me cook the ginger bread house.

I learned a ton about making films. It really isn’t that easy to make a film. Now I really appreciate all these fantastic films that are out in the movie theatres, especially AVATAR J. It takes a lot of time and dedication to make a successful film. I now give much more credit to the actors and actresses out there, because before this, I thought it was a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment